HomeReward is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website. Please read this privacy promise to understand how we use and protect any information that we collect about you.
This privacy promise is intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using our website and any services provided through the website.
By visiting our website, you consent to us collecting, storing, using and (if applicable) transferring your personal information in accordance with this privacy promise.
If we decide to change our privacy promise, we will post those changes on this page and on to keep you aware of the way we collect, use and disclose information.
The Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide to us when you fill out forms on the website. You acknowledge that, where registering to use certain of our services, you may be required to submit "sensitive" personal information and consent to our processing of such information in accordance with this privacy promise;
- information about you which you include in any e-mails or letters that you send to us;
- information about your usage of the website; and
- information about your computer, which may include your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers (statistical data about' browsing actions and patterns that does not identify any individual).
We may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. The information generated relating to the website may be used to create reports about the use of the website and the analytics service provider will store this information.
A few of the methods that may be used to store or access information already stored on your computer are as follows (although note that subsequent technology and methods may be developed):
- Cookies. A cookie is a text file placed on a device when a user visits a website. Cookies can be temporary (e.g. session) or permanent (e.g. persistent). They can also be first party (e.g. placed by us) or third party (e.g. placed by a third party advertiser or ad server).
- Flash Cookies. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. This can operate across all your browsers
- HTML5. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage and do not require a plug-in.
- ETag or entity tag. An opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL that acts as a form of device identifier.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your computer, you can change the settings on your internet browser to disable, remove or reject cookies. For more information about how to do this, you should consult the "Help" section of your browser. In some but not all instances, cookies can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and you will see that different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Please note that rejecting cookies via your browser may not be effective with regard to HMTL5 and Flash cookies (which are explained in more detail above). For information on disabling Flash cookies, please go to Adobe’s website www.adobe.com.
The Way Your Information Is Used
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide customer service to you in relation to your use of the website, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of a website;
- notify you every now and again about important changes to the Website or our services;
- to administer, support, improve, optimise and develop website (including any advertising present on website);
- to enable us to provide our services to you and to process your orders for specific goods and/or services;
- to produce reports on our customers’ preferences, interests and buying habits (these reports will not identify you in any way); and
- for security purposes.
We may also use your information to notify you of our services and our exciting new offers if you have either requested marketing communications from us, or consented to receive marketing communications when you registered for one of our services. If you do not want to receive such marketing communications, please unsubscribe through our marketing email.
How We Protect Your Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or servers hosted by third party service providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL/TLS technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Once we have received your information, appropriate security measures will be adopted to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet and that you send your information at your own risk.
Your information will only be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.